Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome!

Day 1, June 20 2012

I have been writing this book - Milk To Go - for ummmm... five years?  The concept of my book is / was to inspire people to travel with their kiddos.  But really, traveling with my girls is an ongoing adventure.  As soon as 300 pages of fun is described and photographed there are several more new and exciting trips to talk about.   So I am thinking a blog is the way to go! Let me know what you think...  and pass Milk To Go along to your friends and enjoy!


The Concept
Milk To Go will be my photographic travel blog with an emphasis on kids.  My goal is to inspire you TO GO.  Milk can be purchased anywhere.

Escape from your home.  Home means dinners to plan, laundry to do, toy rooms to clean up, schedules to keep, rules to adhere to....

I love my home, I love my studio, I love the place we live and our routines here.  We live on beautiful Fidalgo Island in Anacortes, Washington. But I also love seeing, observing and, of course, photographing the world.  Every few months I get the itch.  I have to get out.  I love the simplicity of being on the road.  The only thing to do is be in a new place and enjoy my family.  

Yes, yes... it’s not all rainbows and lollipops.  I have plenty of stories about pumping breast milk on a 9 hour flights, changing diapers in the strangest of places, massive blow-outs at inopportune times, vomiting from turbulence that has my 5 month old squealing in delight.  But that is funny stuff!  I love it... after it’s all cleaned up.  In laughter and in vomit, I hope you will enjoy our moments.

The Players:






 

Yup that's them.  The Motley Crew.



Madelyn Jill, 6 years old, aka MJ





Sophia Rose, 3 years old, aka Phia





   

... and my very patient, obliging and ultra supportive husband Peter.  (Peter has no middle name.  He is Swiss - middle names are a waste of time).



So then...
 
Welcome to Milk To Go:  


a photographic travel blog about kids and families seeking adventure.

Welcome to my family.  




First adventure to be reported on starts in T-minus 1 day.  


More very soon.... Lisa





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to Comment... I love all my messages... Cheers, Lisa